♥ LOVEFASHIONBITCHES by joining our group

Sunday 9 January 2011

JESSIE J/LEONA LEWIS TO DUET?

Up and coming star Jessie J plans Christmas duet with Leona Lewis

jessie j
Do It Like A Dude star Jessie J is barely out of the traps but is already planning a Christmas No.1 with Leona Lewis.
Jessie, who topped the BBC's Sound of 2011 poll and will collect the Critics' Choice award at next month's Brits in London, is already in talks with chart-topper Leona about a special festive duet.
Speaking exclusively to Email, the 22-year-old revealed: "L eona and I want to do a duet together. I'm planning to write a Whitney-Mariah-style When You Believe kind of song and release it next Christmas.
"I think Leona is incredible. Her voice intimidates me because she is so good. Her range is unreal but I feel we would complement each other."
The Sound of 2011 poll was compiled from votes from music critics, DJs, journalists, broadcasters and bloggers.
Singer-songwriter Jessie - real name Jessica Ellen Cornish - has become the second artist in a row to win both the BBC's poll and the Brits Critics' Choice award, after Ellie Goulding's success last year.
Jessie said: "It is important for British female singers to support each other. I am friends with Ellie and it is never about a competition with me.
"It is beautiful that we can come together and share what we have."
Jessie is signed to Island in the UK but only landed the deal after showcases in the US in front of music moguls including Clive Davis, LA Reid and Monte Lipman.
She has already made a name for herself as a songwriter, co-writing the Miley Cyrus hit Party In The USA, which topped the Billboard chart in America.
Since then, her first UK release, Do It Like A Dude, shot into the Top 20 and has sold 100,000 copies.
Jessie, who suffers from an irregular heartbeat andhad a stroke four years ago, says the intervention of Davis started a turnaround in her fortunes after she endured series of label rejections in the UK.
She said: "Clive is like the industry wise owl. He saw something in me and that made a big difference.
"The only thing that saddens me is I wasn't able to sign in the UK first but, maybe if I had, I wouldn't be able to take my music around the world."
Jessie finds it difficult to keep up her striking image 24/7 - after appearing with Swarovski-encrusted eyelashes and lips in the video Do It Like A Dude.
She said : "I feel people are disappointed when they see me with normal eyeshadow or lip salve.
"They expect me to have crystals on all the time."

No comments:

Post a Comment